Learn Spanish and Work in Spain
Locations | Visas | Medical Insurance

Study, Work and Travel in Spain
Work Travel and Study in Spain

Locations in Spain, Travel & Medical Insurance,
Flights & Travel to Spain, Visas & Nationalities

in Spain

Most host family placements tend to be in the larger cities, such as Madrid, where 80% of our host families live, as well as other cities such as Seville, Barcelona, Malaga, Santander and more.

Experience the effortless charm of traveling in Spain, where stunning beaches await at every turn. With seamless transportation options and a wealth of coastal destinations, from the vibrant shores of Barcelona to the pristine coves of Costa del Sol, Spain promises a beach getaway like no other.

Applicants may request specific locations; however, we cannot guarantee placements in those locations, but we will try our best to accommodate their preferences.

Experience real Spain
Learn Spanish and Work in Madrid


Experience the pulse of Madrid, where leisure, culture, and vibrant bar scenes intertwine seamlessly.

Explore world-class museums like the Prado, indulge in tapas delights in historic taverns, or immerse yourself in contemporary art centers in Spain’s capital.

From the bohemian vibes of Malasaña to the cultural diversity of Lavapiés, every corner tells a story. Sip on artisanal cocktails in trendy bars or savor traditional Spanish wines on charming terraces. Madrid’s dynamic fusion of leisure, culture, and nightlife promises an unforgettable journey for every explorer, where each moment is infused with excitement and discovery

There is also plenty of things to be done and seen in the surrounding areas, such as day trips to Segovia, Toledo, Aranjuez, El Escorial, etc.

Medical & Travel Insurance

Private health and accident insurance is COMPULSORY for Non-EU citizens. We provide you wth a special flat rate of 20€/week with Guard me (multirisk).

EU citizens as well as citizens from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland should get a European Health Insurance Card from the statutory social security provider of their home country as the card will allow them to receive medical care from the Spanish National Health Service.

However we recommend that EU citizens get private insurance to cover their stay in Spain. We could provide you with a multirisk Guard Me at a flat rate of 10€/week.

Medical travel insurance in Spain

Flights & Travel

International flights and the cost
of travel to Spain are NOT included.

Visas & Nationalites

We accept participants from:

  • EU (Schengen area)
  • UK
  • Australia
  • Canada
  • New Zealand
  • USA and
  • South Africa
  • or from any country if they hold a passport of any of the countries mentioned above

Citizens from EU countries from the Schengen area do not require a visa, regardless of the length of stay.

The following nationalities can stay for up to 90 days in Spain without a Visa:
  • UK
  • Australia
  • Canada
  • New Zealand
  • USA and
  • South Africa.

Applicants wishing to stay for longer periods than 3 months should get a student visa by enrolling in a Spanish course prior to leaving their home country.

Please check our special deals on Spanish courses should you wish us to enroll you in a course.
The standard procedure to get a visa is described below but as each Spanish consulate (even within the same country) has slightly different rules (or interpret the official regulations differently) . We strongly recommend you check with your nearest Spanish consulate as to what paperwork will they require from you as you apply for your Spanish course. You will have to deliver all the necessary documents in person.

Getting a student visa can take from one week to several months so we always recommend starting the application process as early as possible or at least get confirmation from the consulate as to approximately how long the process will take.

As a guide, Spanish consulates will ask for:
  • Valid passport for the full length of your stay.
  • Fill out a number of forms and bring at least 3 passport-sized photos.
  • Confirmation of enrollment in the Spanish course.
  • It is also frequently requested an accommodation letter stating where you will be living and who is responsible to pay for it.

Club RCI will ensure you recieve all the documents needed.


in Spain

Learn Spanish and work in Spain in our programs


Help with children and with English, French or German

Demi pair in Spain


Help with children and with English, French or German

Work Study and Travel Au Pair Plus in Spain

Au Pair

Help with children and with English, French or German

Work Study and Travel Home tutor in Spain


Teach & Conversation in English, French or German